Dog-Pet-Sitting-Walking-North-Dallas says careful preparation reduces the stress of traveling with your dog this summer.
As you go out of town for that last minute summer vacation, keep in mind some tips that will help your furry buddy stay happy and healthy.
- If you are traveling by car, take you dog on several short trips to get him used to riding in the car. Some dogs may get motion sickness.
- Before these short trips, experiment with feeding him a small amount of food. Some dogs do better on an empty stomach and others do better with a little food to settle their stomach.
- Be prepared for clean up. Bring cleaning supplies with you such as a roll of paper towels, all-purpose cleaner, plastic bags and deodorizer.
- If traveling by plane, it is best to take only non-stop flights (especially with the heat wave all across the U.S.). Pets remain in the cargo hold during layovers.
- Buy your own crate so you dog can get used to it before the flight. Also, put in one of your t-shirts so he will have your scent nearby.
- Make sure your dog has a collar and is micro-chipped. Be sure the info includes your cell phone number and contact your recovery service to make sure they have updated information.
With a little planning, you can ensure that your furry family member has a safe and stress-free travel experience.
Pet Sitting Dog Walking North Dallas service provider Pampered Pups Dog Sitting gives pet owners peace of mind when they must be away from their furry family members. In addition to full-scale pet sitting, Pampered Pups offers daily walks for dogs whose owners work long hours or must otherwise be gone for extended periods.
Please call us today at 972-897-8464 for a complimentary consultation.
Tags: Dog Walking Richardson, Dog Walking, Dog Walking Far North Dallas, Dog Walking Plano, North Dallas Dog Walking, North Dallas Pet Sitting, Pet Sitting, Pet Sitting Far North Dallas, Pet Sitting West Plano, Pet Sitting West Richardson